Time trials are held throughout the year every Wednesday evening at 17:45, starting at the Morningside Country Club (1 De La Rey Road, Morningside). Runners can choose between a 5km or 8km route.
Time trials provide a structured and consistent way, on a measured route, for runners to test their progress and increase their speed throughout the running season. It is also just a fun way to compete with yourself, to compete with others, to improve your race times, to meet likeminded runners or training partners, and to socialise mid-week.
Note the following:
- The Time Trial routes are marked with white (5km) and yellow (8km) arrows (see route maps below).
- Please bring reflective clothing, especially in winter.
- Juice or energy drinks are provided at the end of the time trial.
- On the first Wednesday of every month the club hosts a Time Trial Braai at the Hockey Clubhouse for Morningside athletes to compare notes. Please respond to the Facebook invites for catering purposes.
- If you have a GPS watch, please record your time and upload to Strava for your results to be eligible for our awards (you need to be a member of our Strava Club for this) - If not, the first 3 runner's times (male and female) will be recorded manually